Just as your worst-case scenario is unlikely to happen, so is your best-case scenario.
You very likely won’t…
- achieve extraordinary success overnight.
- get a job offer after complimenting someone publicly.
- be promoted on your first day at a new job.
- get a book deal after writing your first blog post.
- be invited for an interview with Joe Rogan after recording your first podcast episode.
- be featured on a YouTube channel with a million subscribers after you publish your first video.
- make a sale on your very first attempt.
- achieve financial independence immediately after starting a new company.
- get your own entry on Wikipedia after your first tweet.
- change the entire industry after calling out someone who needs to be called out.
- make a huge difference immediately after you show up.
And you don’t even have to; if you can make consistent, small steps, you’ll surely get to make a difference with time.