Numbers, particularly those related to someone’s reach, audience size, earnings, or influence, don’t really matter.
- How would you value a product that saves you an hour daily but has zero reviews or sales?
- How about helpful advice from someone who never gave advice before?
- Someone’s very first blog post that helps you solve a difficult problem?
- A YouTube video with zero views that changes your perspective?
- An insightful tweet of someone with no followers?
The value you get is what matters, not the size of the author’s audience or their revenue (even though they’re often related).
HT to Arvid Kahl & Catalin Pit for the insight.