Numbers, particularly those related to someone’s reach, audience size, earnings, or influence, don’t really matter.
- How would you value a product that saves you an hour daily but has zero reviews or sales?
- How about helpful advice from someone who never gave advice before?
- Someone’s very first blog post that helps you solve a difficult problem?
- A YouTube video with zero views that changes your perspective?
- An insightful tweet of someone with no followers?
The value you get is what matters, not the size of the author’s audience or their revenue (even though they’re often related).